Effective date: 13 September 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
1.1 USER PROFILE
When You create a user profile in the Services and confirm being the holder of a certain number, CheckNCall will collect the information provided by You. In order to create a user profile, You must register Your first name, last name and phone number. Additional information that may be provided at Your option include, but is not limited to, photo.
1.2 INSTALLATION AND USE
When You install and use the Services, CheckNCall will collect some personal information from You and any devices You may use in Your interaction with our Services. Please NOTE though that even though we show you your Call history on the app, we are not saving that information on our servers. We may use some information to uniquely identify you, such as Your device ID or unique identifier. Lastly, some information, including, but not limited to, usage information and other information that may arise from Your interaction with the Services, cannot be used to identify You, whether in combination with other information or otherwise and will not constitute personal information for the purposes of this Policy.
1.3 CONTACT INFORMATION
Where the CheckNCall mobile applications (“CheckNCall Apps”) are obtained from other sources than Apple App Store or Google Play, You may share the names, numbers, Google ID’s and email addresses contained in Your address book (“Contact Information”) with CheckNCall by enabling the CheckNCall Enhanced Search Functionality. Where the CheckNCall Apps are obtained from Apple App Store or Google Play, we do not share any user Contact Information.
Please note that no other contact information other than the phone numbers and thereto attached names, will be collected and used from Your address book. Other numbers or information that may be contained in Your address book will be filtered away by our safety algorithms and will therefore not be collected by CheckNCall. Please also note that You can always choose not to share Contact Information with CheckNCall and if You have shared such information and changed Your mind, You can delist Your number or opt-out to render Your entire Contact Information unavailable for search in the CheckNCall database. For this, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2.1 PROVIDE, IMPROVE AND PERSONALIZE OUR SERVICES
CheckNCall may use the personal information collected to provide, maintain, improve, analyze and personalize the Services to its Users. More specifically, CheckNCall may use such information to:
- provide dialer and messaging functionality, display the name associated with a certain number for incoming or outgoing calls and messages or following a manual number search against the CheckNCall database;
- display information based on connections a User may have in common, directly or indirectly, with other Users via a “social graph” algorithm
- send in application push notifications and reminders and deliver messages via the Services, in which case Your messages will be kept for a limited period of time in order to deliver the messages but CheckNCall will not, unless specifically stated, monitor the content of Your messages;
- otherwise improve our Services, business and operations.
We may contact You for verification purposes or with information pertaining to the Services or special offers, e.g. newsletter e-mails, SMS and similar notifications about CheckNCall’s products and services. We also use the collected information to respond to you when you contact us.
2.4 COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND PREVENTION OF FRAUDULENT OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES
We may use the collected information to comply with applicable laws and to enforce our agreements and protect and defend the rights or safety of CheckNCall, its Users or any other person and verify provided User profile information with third party providers and ensure technical service functionality and data accuracy, perform trouble-shooting and prevent or detect fraud, security breaches or illegal activities.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In addition to the sharing and disclosure of personal information that is included as part of the functionality of the Services as described in section 2 above, CheckNCall may disclose personal information if we believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law, or legal process served on us;
- protect and defend our rights and the enforcement of our agreements; or
- protect the security and safety of Users or members of the public or other aspects of public importance, provided, of course, that such disclosure is lawful.
4. INFORMATION SECURITY AND HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IN OTHER COUNTRIES
5. ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
CheckNCall may on its own initiative, or at Your request, replenish, rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal information retained by CheckNCall in connection with the operation of the Services. When required by applicable law, You have the right to know what personal information is stored about You and to have any such information corrected or deleted on Your request. See contact details below.
Services are not intended for or designed to attract anyone under the relevant age of consent to enter into binding legal contracts under the laws of their respective jurisdictions. CheckNCall does not intentionally or knowingly collect personal information through the Services from anyone under that age. We encourage parents and guardians to be involved in the online activities of their children to ensure that no personal information is collected from a child without their consent.
Please send Your enquiries (including in relation to any grievances to our Grievances Officer) via email to email@example.com. We will be glad to assist you in every way possible. Thanks for supporting us!